- Conduct inspection of highway construction contracts; as per MTO Construction Administration Inspection Task Manual (CAITM)
- Maintain detailed daily diaries of contractor’s work, contract progress and inspection milestones and ensure that the inspection tasks are completed and recorded in a prompt and accurate manner
- Ensure that the contractor adheres to all contract requirements, as per Contract Administrator’s direction; e.g. legal, environmental, construction standards, protection of wildlife, etc.
- Conduct sampling of materials for quality assurance purposes
- Ensure approved construction materials are used and acquired from approved sources and a record is kept of such materials
- Ensure that the contractor applies the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHIMIS, Environmental Act, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Waste Management regulations in a manner consistent with the contract
- Travel and work on contracts throughout Ontario
- Must be certified by OACETT and possess the Road Construction Senior Inspector (rcsi) designation
- Have some experience inspecting highway construction projects or similar type of work pertaining to road construction (minimum 1-3 projects completed or 1-3 years of general construction experience)
- Must have sound knowledge of design standards, specifications, and materials associated with construction, Laws and Regulations including Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety requirements and their application in construction contracts
- Excellent computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications is a must
Please come by, drop your resume and cover letter off in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.